Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering about the possibility of taking the 4.6L V8 engine of my 94 Thunderbird and putting it into a 95 F-150. Would this be possible? If so, would that be expensive to have someone do it for me?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
890 Posts
i'm told it is more than possible, but you would need a truck cam in it if you wanted to use it for towing. i guess they're different than cars somehow? he also says to just put a 5.8 into it, and have way more fun!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
it's really easy, and you could probably do it yourself. I've seen my bf do it so many times in so many different cars, so it must be really easy.
sorry jon

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
it's really easy, and you could probably do it yourself. I've seen my bf do it so many times in so many different cars, so it must be really easy.
sorry jon
ouch.

question. i'm not familiar with the 95 trucks. did they still have the 5.0? wait, my 96 bronco had one... i'm still sure it is more than possible since we can put the 4.6 into out fairmonts/zephyr's, and they were around way before the 4.6. you'll still need the truck cam set-up from like a 98

·
Registered
184 Posts
where there is a will there is a way, it should go in just fine, you may need to modify parts for fitment but it will work as far as cost it depends what you need to replace and what you want to replace/add

·
Registered
684 Posts
Lots of room under the hood of an F150,don't see why not.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm wondering about the possibility of taking the 4.6L V8 engine of my 94 Thunderbird and putting it into a 95 F-150. Would this be possible? If so, would that be expensive to have someone do it for me?

Thanks in Advance!
if your truck is 6 cyl or 5.0 or 5.8 equipped, 4.6 will not bolt to trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts