I'm glad you have your mind set right
to finish it
and it sure feels good to go without a mask at some places
Don't know about the post office yet:(

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,022 ·
I've had little bits of time here and there. Whoever took this dash out of its original home didn't know about the center bolt and plastic alignment pin. The pin is gone and the bolt hole is almost unusable. I was perfectly happy with this before, but now I want to do better. I got a big, long bolt and a big washer, drilled a hole in the bracket, and now it's bolted up there. Luckily it doesn't interfere with the defrost vent trim panel. Yesterday, I drilled the holes for the inner two mounting positions outboard of the center position. That was fun because the old brackets behind there aren't really straight, so the drill kept slipping around. Then the outer two mounting positions, I'd been using all along. At the bottom brackets, I was prepared to drill higher holes so the dash would sit higher, but it turned out to not be necessary. I think the middle of the dash was just sagging before, so I just had to push it up with a wedge to get the top middle where I wanted it.

The mouse in the garage, I think must be gone. There's been no action at any of the traps.

·
Super Moderator
14,842 Posts
Mickey either went to a better home or he has passed away behind something

Action

Reactions: ZephyrEFI

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
Chippin' away, chippin' away. I went to that show I'd been looking forward to on Sunday. It was really fun. No F/Z representation though. Gotta get mine out there.

I'm pretty sure I have everything plugged in under the dash now except the center console stuff. I worked on putting the A-pillar trims back on and surrounding stuff like sun visors. The wire for the driver's side lighted sun visor disappeared inside my roof somewhere. No big deal, I need to redo my stupid headliner again anyway, so I can fix it then. Let's be honest though, I only really did lighted sun visors for the same reason people climb mountains. "Because it was there". haha

I ran into an issue with the A-pillar trims since my dash is sitting up higher now. Before the horizontal part that was supposed to tuck under the original dash pad sat on top of the aero speaker grilles. Now they interfere, so I had to cut the trim so they could fit together. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,026 ·
I spent some time setting up my tuning computer, the wife's old laptop. I reset windows which is supposed to clear everything else that was on there. On the first attempt, nothing happened. I went back to it, and the same desktop was just sitting there like it had always been. WTF! I tried again, but this time I told it to download a new copy of windows, and I babysat it while it was doing that. This time it worked... I think. The thing still runs pretty slow.

So then, I went to download Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer. I'd been trying out Microsoft Edge because I just think Google take too many liberties tracking what you do and listening to conversations and stuff. That's not paranoia, it's proven fact, by the way. Anyway, I went to download the software and Edge said they were dangerous and wouldn't let me download them. I'm usually savvy enough to find ways around stuff like this, but this time I couldn't. I'm assuming they just didn't pay the right people at Microsoft to allow their stuff through or something. I searched for a solution, and could only find 2. For both of them, the menu items they direct you to no longer exist. ARGH! Fine... back to Chrome. Chrome had no issue at all downloading them.

So, then we just need to register the software to get full use of it. That requires sending the publishers an email. To a specific guy who HOPEFULLY still works there. You never know with stuff this old.

On to physically installing the Quarterhorse tuning... chip.... thingy. Leech Motorsports has a series of great videos on what to do to get ready to tune with Moates and Binary Editor. Super helpful! Anyway, you have to open up the hole in the case and clean off the interface connector before you do that. There's a big fat thingy on the USB cable that complicates things for you.

Then I went to reinstall the computer in the car, and... the bracket is a solid wall where the chip comes out, so you have to make a hole in that too.

But my under-seat custom mounting seems to have worked out nicely. Plenty of room for stuff to come out the back of the computer.

I decided to contact Detroit Speed about their subframe connector system. It's a pre-fabricated through-floor system. My through-floor subframe connectors do not have seat braces, and that's always bothered me. I bought some seat braces from Maximum Motorsports to sort of give me something work with. BUT, the opening to engage the subframe connectors is on the BOTTOM of those, so essentially, it's upside down for what I need. The seat braces you get with the Detroit Speed ones have the opening on the top. I might be able to bolt these up, just as they are! I contacted the sales people, and they were happy to sell me some. I'll need someone to weld them to the subframe connectors, sure, but I was very happy to find these!

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
Good For you hanging in there
I had to break down and but a new computer for Home
The first thing I did was to disable Cortina
I'm using Edge But I still have Google I don't like it
It tracks you too much
I'm glad you are getting the Zephyr set up the way you want
Good Luck

1021 - 1027 of 1027 Posts